Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can't boot hybrid iso. (isolinux.bin missing or corrupted)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Can't boot hybrid iso. (isolinux.bin missing or corrupted)

    I got this error after installing a hybrid ISO to the second partition on my thumb drive using this guide.
    After searching, I've come to the conclusion it's due to dd/cat'ing to a partition instead of the drive itself, which I don't want to do. Is there any way I could still boot Knoppix (DVD version) from the second partition of my thumb drive without using an external bootloader? I really don't want an external bootloader (such as unetbootin) because I despise their boot prompt, and would much rather use Knoppix' own boot prompt where I type out what I want it to do, like when you boot the ISO in Virtual Box.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Please use the instructions you'll find at Hard drive installation.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4
    I did try that before, but I could try it again. If I recall correctly, it just took forever to install.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Please use the instructions you'll find at Hard drive installation.
    I did that, installed GRUB, booted it, and it just said "Error." in the top left with a blinking cursor.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Installing to second partition on USB stick?

    Someone in a thread I posted in the General Support forum said I should do a HDD install to be able to install to, and boot from, the second partition on my USB stick. When I did a HDD install to the second partition and booted it up it just said "Error." in the top left. I also installed GRUB through the HDD install wizard, but I guess I may have done something wrong. Could any of you here help me?

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    .. said I should do a HDD install to be able to install to, and boot from, the second partition on my USB stick.
    No, I told you to use the instructions you'll find at Hard drive installation.

    This means to read all of this side, to select one of this installation sorts and follow this selected part step by step.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$177.21



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



HP - OmniBook 3 - 14

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...

$399.99



Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)

$300.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00