@Werner Please this/my thread and post. Tanks.
Near the end of the verbose boot process, I see a line saying:
"sed: can't move /etc/default/keyboardxxxxxx to /etc/default/keyboard. No such file or directory."
xxxxxxx being a bunch of characters that seem to change on each reboot.
My Knoppix 7.4-EN DVD LXDE 32-bit is installed on a USB key with a persistent overlay of 4GB.
In 'etc/default/keyboard', I have edited XKBLAYOUT to read "fr" instead of "us", but the error message already appeared well before that editing.
Otherwise, Knoppix does not complain and boots properly. I shall continue to ignore that error if it cannot be fixed.
@Werner Please this/my thread and post. Tanks.
@Werner
I mean delete ...
Excuse me, but I'll not delete your posting as you've wanted, because I've also seen this error. For me it happens neither with V7.2.0 nor V7.4.0 but with flash disk install of V7.3.0
There I've found within the overlay the folder '/KNOPPIX-DATA/etc/default/keyboard/' with multipe X-Debian-*.desktop files. I've not created this folder and don't know anything about the cause of this error. This folder prevents '/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig' to insert within the file '/etc/default/keyboard' the proper values and the file will be deleted. Now you have problems with your keyboard and xkeyboard settings by the cheatcode or Micro-Remaster.
To fix this error rename the folderCode:mv /KNOPPIX-DATA/etc/default/keyboard/ /KNOPPIX-DATA/etc/default/keyboard_false/
@Werner
OK but at least you should delete the '/' after 'keyboard'?
Regards

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00