Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I want expo and scale to go away.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    I want expo and scale to go away.

    .
    Greetings all.

    I've made a LiveUSB with persistence from the Knoppix 7.4 LiveDVD.
    The LiveUSB and LiveDVD both pass testdvd, and the reiserfs persistence
    is working as far as I can tell, with one possible exception.

    I don't like the Compiz expo and scale functions, but when I try
    to delete these, they keep coming back. Using the ccsm gui, I uncheck
    expo and scale and define and export a 'new.profile'. Having done so,
    expo and scale give no problem until I reboot. When I reboot, Compiz
    uses the initial default file, not the 'new.profile'. If I import
    the new.file (again), expo and scale go away (again), but only until a reboot.

    I dont recall running into this before with earlier Knoppix 7s.
    What am I missing here? TIA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    I do not use Compiz but are not 'expo' and 'scale' just Compiz applets that can be removed? My 2 cents...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings again, philo.

    I've got compiz working now without expo and scale.
    I had to fuss with ~/.config/compizconfig/config
    and had to define ~/.config/compizconfig/new.config.ini
    to make expo and scale go away.

    Its not enough anymore just to uncheck these in the
    ccsm gui. Its not clear to me how to make the gui
    do what I've done by hand. That didn't used to be
    necessary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP picture

Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP

$153.98



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H picture

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H

$29.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Cisco CP-7841-K9  4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW

$89.99



magicJack HOME VoIP Phone Adapter K1103 USB/RJ-45 Black 1-Line Caller ID picture

magicJack HOME VoIP Phone Adapter K1103 USB/RJ-45 Black 1-Line Caller ID

$32.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black picture

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black

$20.00