Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I want expo and scale to go away.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    I want expo and scale to go away.

    .
    Greetings all.

    I've made a LiveUSB with persistence from the Knoppix 7.4 LiveDVD.
    The LiveUSB and LiveDVD both pass testdvd, and the reiserfs persistence
    is working as far as I can tell, with one possible exception.

    I don't like the Compiz expo and scale functions, but when I try
    to delete these, they keep coming back. Using the ccsm gui, I uncheck
    expo and scale and define and export a 'new.profile'. Having done so,
    expo and scale give no problem until I reboot. When I reboot, Compiz
    uses the initial default file, not the 'new.profile'. If I import
    the new.file (again), expo and scale go away (again), but only until a reboot.

    I dont recall running into this before with earlier Knoppix 7s.
    What am I missing here? TIA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    I do not use Compiz but are not 'expo' and 'scale' just Compiz applets that can be removed? My 2 cents...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings again, philo.

    I've got compiz working now without expo and scale.
    I had to fuss with ~/.config/compizconfig/config
    and had to define ~/.config/compizconfig/new.config.ini
    to make expo and scale go away.

    Its not enough anymore just to uncheck these in the
    ccsm gui. Its not clear to me how to make the gui
    do what I've done by hand. That didn't used to be
    necessary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE picture

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE

$399.00



Apple Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model Apple IIe picture

Apple Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model Apple IIe

$225.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 w/ Key - (FOR PARTS) picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 w/ Key - (FOR PARTS)

$199.90



Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Desktop Computer Model M5010 Apple Macintosh SE picture

Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Desktop Computer Model M5010 Apple Macintosh SE

$99.99



vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New picture

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New

$59.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$170.00



Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable picture

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable

$89.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00