-
Yep, I got the same problem when using pon to connect.
As I stated beforehand, browsing the web using konqueror webprofile is not a problem, it's when I try to browse my files on my local hard drive with konqueror filebrowsing profile and I have a pppd connection.
I'll summarise:
1) When connected to the net using a pppd connection:
- Konqueror in webprofile works normally
- Konqueror in filebrowsing profile takes approx 4 mins to appear on my screen after launching it.
2) When there is no pppd connection
- Konqueror in webprofile works normally
- Konqueror in filebrowsing profile works normally, (loads in about 1-2 secs)
I have also noticed that when establishing a pppd connection before starting X and loading KDE, KDE will takes about 4-5 mins to start. (Unlike the normal 15-20 secs it takes when there is no pppd connection)
It looks like KDE is trying to poll for something when there is a network connection established. Just wish I could figure out what....
Similar Threads
-
By el.cubano in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By C. Alexander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:38 AM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
-
By kc1di in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
-
By apax in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$949.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99