Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Installing .iso Knoppix DVD in Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Perhaps you'll wait for the V7.4.1 and after this try a new download using the Torrents.
    I concur completely with the advice to use the torrent to download a Knoppix release. The torrents are faster, more reliable, and error correcting.

    If you like to download slower and risk download problems, that's your choice. But if you can't be bothered to spend a very few minutes to set up a torrent client because it is something new and different then I wounder how you got interested in Linux and Knoppix in the first place. If you can say "downloading from the mirrors is good enough for me and works fine, I don't care" then I don't care either. But if you are questioning the quality of your download and/or can't for any reason do the md5 checksum test, then you're really doing everyone a disservice by asking for help if you will not help yourself.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    Hello Harry,

    Thank you for your response.

    I have already looked around a bit, but I can't find out how to set up a (free) BitTorrent client for Linux or Knoppix. Maybe you know how to proceed?


    Thank you.



    hansieb

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I've always used a torrent client in Windows. But I'm sure that I've seen that there is already a torrent client installed in Knoppix. It isn't an option for me since I don't have a hard drive on my Knoppix laptop, so I would have no place to store the downloaded files. So I'll leave someone else to respond with detals if you want to do this through Knoppix. Just wanted to give a quick acknowledgement of your post so that anyone else watching this discussion knew they were welcome to jump in.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    I can't go from Windows to Knoppix. So I need a Knoppix BitTorrent client.

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by hansieb View Post
    I can't go from Windows to Knoppix. So I need a Knoppix BitTorrent client.
    I understand. But as I said, it is in there. According to the package list for 7.2 (I checked that since there was no point in checking 7.4 if you're trying to get 7.4) it includes ktorrent. As I said, I have not used it, but I've run lot of torrent clients and have never had any major trouble from any of them. So if you have a place to store the downloaded files and are comfortable with file paths and permissions in Linux then I expect it should work for you.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



Atari 400 Computer System  console with Power Supply TESTED and Working picture

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working

$150.00