-
no gui with Knoppix 7.2 when using docking station
I have a laptop that I got from work, and installed Knoppix on a thumbdrive so I could use it for personal use. When I installed Knoppix, the laptop was a Dell and I installed Knoppix 6.4, everything worked fine out of the box. I got a new laptop, this time an HP, but everything still worked fine except for a few minor sound issues. I installed it on a 16 Gig thumbdrive, and surprisingly filled the Thumb drive up. So I got a new 64 gig one and have installed knoppix 7.2 on it. It works great except when connected to the docking station, which has 2 - 19" monitors, 1 connected with DVI and one with the analog connector. Linux boots fine, but when it tries to initiate the gui, it fails saying to try some cheat codes. I've tried several, but it haven't gotten anything to work. The 6.4 version works fine with the docking station. Can anyone give me any suggestions on getting this to work.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00