I noticed that the device - /dev/hda6 in my case - on which my remaster was mounted was mounted with nodev. I tried remounting with
before chroot'ing and apt-get update'ing and the problem disappeared.Code:mount -oremount,dev /dev/hda6
HTH
i keep getting the below error msg when i try using apt-get update
==========================================
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
76% [Working]FATAL -> Could not set non-blocking flag Bad file descriptor
E: Method http has died unexpectedly!
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object <-- this line repeated for pages
===================================
i'm trying to remater knoppix 3.2 6-6-03
thanx for ny help
MR_EPOD
I noticed that the device - /dev/hda6 in my case - on which my remaster was mounted was mounted with nodev. I tried remounting with
before chroot'ing and apt-get update'ing and the problem disappeared.Code:mount -oremount,dev /dev/hda6
HTH
I can confirm that this took care of the problem on a v3.7 12-08-04 remaster as well.

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00
Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
$99.99
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$14.75
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59