I noticed that the device - /dev/hda6 in my case - on which my remaster was mounted was mounted with nodev. I tried remounting with
before chroot'ing and apt-get update'ing and the problem disappeared.Code:mount -oremount,dev /dev/hda6
HTH
i keep getting the below error msg when i try using apt-get update
==========================================
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
76% [Working]FATAL -> Could not set non-blocking flag Bad file descriptor
E: Method http has died unexpectedly!
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object <-- this line repeated for pages
===================================
i'm trying to remater knoppix 3.2 6-6-03
thanx for ny help
MR_EPOD
I noticed that the device - /dev/hda6 in my case - on which my remaster was mounted was mounted with nodev. I tried remounting with
before chroot'ing and apt-get update'ing and the problem disappeared.Code:mount -oremount,dev /dev/hda6
HTH
I can confirm that this took care of the problem on a v3.7 12-08-04 remaster as well.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Mitel IP 485G VoIP 8-Line Color Display Business Desk Phone - IP485G
$32.99
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07