-
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
philo
Beyond 140 characters, rant becomes boring.
Believe it or not, I'm not posting here to amuse the readers, nor to offend them (and certainly not to size my posts to fit philo's cell phone).
Posts lacking in detail are generally faulted for that, viewed with suspicion, and will gather disparaging replies, usually much less interesting to anyone and, only with luck, some posts asking for the missing details.
I post here on the assumption that there may be readers who are familiar with my problem and/or have a superior understanding of Knoppix/linux/PCs and may be prepared to offer me helpful suggestions.
I also persist in posting, albeit with much reduced enthusiasm and frequency, despite seldom receiving any helpful responses, because I am sure there are silent readers out there who will benefit from my reports. And I don't blame them for being unwilling to expose themselves to the kind of character assassination I've endured here.
However, when someone attacks my integrity, as Werner has [snip] done without basis, I'll certainly defend myself. If the resulting rant is boring, those who are bothered have only themselves to blame for silently tolerating this [snip] by the moderator.
If I may continue my rant just a bit further - no matter how brilliant Klaus Knopper's work is, it will ultimately survive only if he learns in good time to share the work with others, provide for a succession in its maintenance and development, and learn from the users.
[snip]
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 02-09-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Reason: Violating of Forum rules
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Vintage Mac System 7 Personal Upgrade Kit Apple Software 3.5” Floppy
$29.99

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00