-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi utu, I do not have a bash script for you, but I have got some suggestions. First of all, you can disable and enable the network from the commandline by using the commands
Code:
nmcli networking off
and
Code:
nmcli networking on
I think the task is similar to a screensaver because in both cases user inactivity starts a process. I read about a user who wanted to download torrents while the screensaver is active. His or her solution was to ask dbus whether the screensaver was active. He or she used the Gnomedesktop environment. Later I read the solution has to be modified if KDE is used instead of Gnome. Since xscreensaver does not seem to use dbus I think you should try to find out if power management provides an interface to run one shell script on times of user inactivity and another if the user is active again. The absence of keyboard events should start a bash script, but what about mouse events? How long is a 'small time'? Do you intend to reconnect to the network if there is any keystroke activity again?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99