-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi utu, I do not have a bash script for you, but I have got some suggestions. First of all, you can disable and enable the network from the commandline by using the commands
Code:
nmcli networking off
and
Code:
nmcli networking on
I think the task is similar to a screensaver because in both cases user inactivity starts a process. I read about a user who wanted to download torrents while the screensaver is active. His or her solution was to ask dbus whether the screensaver was active. He or she used the Gnomedesktop environment. Later I read the solution has to be modified if KDE is used instead of Gnome. Since xscreensaver does not seem to use dbus I think you should try to find out if power management provides an interface to run one shell script on times of user inactivity and another if the user is active again. The absence of keyboard events should start a bash script, but what about mouse events? How long is a 'small time'? Do you intend to reconnect to the network if there is any keystroke activity again?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$18.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00