-
Knoppix V7.4.2
Hello,
According to http://www.knoppix.org/ Knoppix 7.4.2 has been released.
Is it just me ? I cannot find the download button anymore ...
Anyway, mirrors list can be found here: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
Best Regards,
Gilles
Last edited by ruymbeke; 10-05-2014 at 11:24 PM.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
HI ruymbeke, it's been a while since we've talked.
Seems to me that it is just you. Maybe it is an issue with your browser. I don't use the mirrors, haven't since Knoppix became available by Bittorrent years ago, although I have also heard it is on mirrors.
It is at the top of the list of the available torrents at http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/.
If anyone don't want to take a couple of minutes to install a torrent client, I'm fine with that. But Knoppix will likely require them to learn other new things too, so they might be happier just staying with Windows.
Last edited by Harry Kuhman; 10-06-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Reason: add greeting
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Hi Harry,
Good to read from you and yes it is indeed working now.
FYI Bit Torrent is not always allowed. Most companies
and public internet accesses usualy do bloc BT.
Best Regards,
Gilles
-
Senior Member
registered user
Gilles,
is there hope for a VM-adapted 7.4.2 init from you anytime soon?
-
Hello,
Sorry I forgot to post it as I thought that nobody was using it and I have been quite busy at work.
http://s94002264.onlinehome.us/grub/k742/minirt_742.gz (please use "save as")
I am still working on the vm with 3d support...
Best Regards,
Gilles
Last edited by ruymbeke; 01-31-2015 at 02:29 PM.
-
Junior Member
registered user
In UK, bit torrent use can have your internet supplier (ISP) put you a very slow setting for download for a considerable time. UK views bit torent use as only used by software pirates.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
eionmac
In UK, bit torrent use can have your internet supplier (ISP) put you a very slow setting for download for a considerable time. UK views bit torent use as only used by software pirates.
I guess you can just let the IP that you are paying your money to shit all over you. Another course might be to complain (up the ladder, not just to low level support people in India) that you are using the torrent for a completely legal and desirable purpose and get them to change their policy. If you give up and don't try to correct this then you deserve what you get.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$250.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic
$99.00

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Aspen Peripherals Vintage Control Interface PCB Optrex LCD Module Lot of 2
$49.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99