I installed knoppix on a 32gb usb stick and I know want to install some other software but it says I only have 1gb free.
How can I increase the size of knoppix to the full 32gb?
I installed knoppix on a 32gb usb stick and I know want to install some other software but it says I only have 1gb free.
How can I increase the size of knoppix to the full 32gb?
Which install method has you used and which Knoppix version?
In this case it's a problem of Pendrive, not of Knoppix.
I would suggest to use the Knoppix methods.
The size of the overlay (file or partition) depends on what you want to store of personal Linux stuff - configuration files, additional installed tools and so on. The remainig part within the FAT32 partition you can also use under Windows. I recommend to create a new folder in the directory 'mnt-system' and call it for example "privat_Windows".
Hi. 4gb is the maximum size for the persistent file or partition. Also, if you're trying to use the usb stick as a mass media storage while knoppix is running from that same drive, you just can't. It is sort of "locked" while the operating system is running.
This isn't quite right. 4GB is the maximum for a single file within FAT32 and therefore the limit for the persistent memory file. But the remaining part of the 1st and single FAT32 partition (in case of flash disk install with overlay file) you can use otherwise - also with a 32GB stick.Hi. 4gb is the maximum size for the persistent file or partition.
In case of flash disk install with overlay partition you can use all the space of the 2nd ReiserFS partition without size limitation.What do you mean by this? Knoppix can use all the free space within FAT32 or within ReiserFS as a storage.Also, if you're trying to use the usb stick as a mass media storage while knoppix is running from that same drive, you just can't. It is sort of "locked" while the operating system is running.
But please use the Knoppix install methods to prevent problems, not Pendrive, USB Creator and so on.
Your postings are strange and without reference to the answers you have got.
I close the thread.

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99