-
Hi guest
Thanks you.
1- I tried a 8go like you.No success. So I was obliged to buy a
500Go_USB_HDD to "resolve" definitely the problem. You had a
good luck
2- I shall have to download and burn another "7.4.2_ISO" on
another Mirror.
Thanks you for your response
knp
Last edited by knp; 10-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
knp
2- I shall have to download and burn another "7.4.2_ISO" on
another Mirror.
knp
If the md5 check of a download passed then nothing is accomplished by doing another download. If the md5 check didn't pass then there was no point in doing the first burn. In any case you shouldn't be downloading from another mirror. If there is only one minor error then a torrent client can repair the bad download by only downloading one or two blocks, not the entire ISO. If the ISO is bad for the reason that I've frequently seen (translation of NL bytes to CR/LF pairs) then in my experience you have about 50% chance of this happening again if you still insist on using the mirrors. The torrents are faster and correct any errors that occur, should take just a few minutes to install and start using a torrent client.
A clue that the NL to CR/LF translation occurred is that the iso is a few K larger than it should be, check the size at the byte level.
If the translation occurred, corrupting the file, the ISO should also be able to be fixed by a program that does the reverse translation. I'm not going to go into details about that here since if a user isn't going to learn to use a torrent and get the file right in the first place then I assume that they are not going to learn to use the translation program either. I know the torrent client will work, I don't know for sure that the translation is what corrupted the first iso download.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C 2-Port 40G/100G Multi Gig
$775.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP+ Module
$16127.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01
$122.40