Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Adding commands to shutdown and reboot

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    For example...

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    1. How do you change audio volume settings?
    2. How do you save volume settings if changed?
    In addition to /etc/rc.local,
    I use the alsamixer gui that comes up using alsamixer in a terminal window, to observe,
    set and record most alsamixer settings. See the attached png.
    This gui shows graphically all the audio settings.

    I use the volume control applet on the lxpanel to change and/or mute the volume control.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Like this

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    In addition to /etc/rc.local,
    I use the alsamixer gui that comes up using alsamixer in a terminal window, to observe,
    set and record most alsamixer settings. See the attached png.
    This gui shows graphically all the audio settings.

    I use the volume control applet on the lxpanel to change and/or mute the volume control.
    to change volume i just mess around with the LXDE pluginvolume.png

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by jvfc678 View Post
    to change volume i just mess around with the LXDE pluginvolume.png
    I have no experience with the png you show for a Volume Control applet.

    The one I use is the standard lxpanel applet supplied with Knoppix.
    If missing, thie applet I use may be added with
    Right Click lxpanel>Add/Remove Panel Items>Panel Applets>Volume Control>Add

    You might try that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    I have no experience with the png you show for a Volume Control applet.

    The one I use is the standard lxpanel applet supplied with Knoppix.
    If missing, thie applet I use may be added with
    Right Click lxpanel>Add/Remove Panel Items>Panel Applets>Volume Control>Add

    You might try that.
    That is the same one Im using on the image

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Advantech Memory Modules 8G DDR4-2400 1GX8 1.2V HYX AQD-D4U8GN24-HE LOT OF 12 picture

Advantech Memory Modules 8G DDR4-2400 1GX8 1.2V HYX AQD-D4U8GN24-HE LOT OF 12

$399.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM picture

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM

$145.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99