Yes i know right-click opens the options menu and then there is a option called "Volume Control Settings" which opens up alsamixer, but not even that works... And you gave me a good idea about the manual page of alsamixer i didn't taught about that...
Also utu how did you took that screenshot of the volume plugin? When i tried to take it it just goes away lol, also mine one is in the wrong place, it dosen't stick to the panel, it floats a few pixels above the panel lol
the volume plugin... dosen't stick to the panel, it floats a few pixels above the panel...
I don't know about floating, but my left-click on the lxpanel speaker icon
gives a 'slider' control to change volume and a check-box to mute or un-mute.
This control appears just above the lxpanel; it requires another click
of the speaker icon to make this gui disappear.
A right-click of the lxpanel speaker icon gives an alsamixer gui in the upper-
left screen space. The alsamixer gui displays all the alsa parameters,
but also allows these to be changed either with the arrow & function keys
and to select functions or to change values, or check-boxes to mute or to
enable different audio system elements. Use frame controls to get rid of this gui.
FWIW, I find it comforting to bring up alsamixer by a command in an lxterminal
and then to use a left-click of the lxpanel speaker icon. Any changes made in this
way via the Volume Control gui are reflected immediately on the alsamixer gui.
In my case, whatever audio system changes are made as described here
are captured by persistence and are thus retained on reboot.
This is the Knoppix default situation as far as I am aware.
I actually found out how to take the picture I just set a delay, and open the plguin
Originally Posted by utu
...In my case, whatever audio system changes are made as described here
are captured by persistence and are thus retained on reboot.
This is the Knoppix default situation as far as I am aware.
Well that certainly dosen't happen to me
Originally Posted by utu
Any changes made in this
way via the Volume Control gui are reflected immediately on the alsamixer gui.
The only thing that might explain what's happening is that you may have
installed an unnecessary new gui, that might be over-shadowing the default volume control.
You could start over with a noimage cheatcode to see if things behave differently now that
you know what to look for.
The only thing that might explain what's happening is that you may have
installed an unnecessary new gui, that might be over-shadowing the default volume control.
You could start over with a noimage cheatcode to see if things behave differently now that
you know what to look for.
Or start over with a new LiveUSB, heaven forbid.
I didn't install any new GUIs, I only installed ALSAequal but that isn't the source of the problem because it did the same thing even when I didn't had any equalizer.
Also do you think it has to do with my card or driver that Im using like you saw in the screenshots? But i also don't think that is the case because i used the same flash disk i use
on the screenshots you saw earlier on my brothers laptop with a different card and the problem still persists. What it could be?
I didn't install any new GUIs, I only installed ALSAequal
An alsaequal plugin is available via Synaptic, but not installed by default in Knoppix 7.4.
Charles Eidsness has a nice site (C) 2008 at http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html
He has some helpfpul reference and tutorial material and form with which one may submit comments.
Previous comments and responses are also shown there.