-
Senior Member
registered user
.
I am all out of ideas.
It is my experience that it is default Knoppix LiveUSB-with-persistence behaviour that volume control setting changes, by either of the guis that arise from either right-click or left-click of the panel speaker icon, are retained via persistence on reboot.
lspci | grep audio indicates my audio device is an
Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03).
If you were to make an new KNOPPIX LiveUSB with persistence, made no change in its initial configuration, and if your audio device is like mine, I can see no reason your LiveUSB would act differently than mine.
If your hardware or software configuration differs from mine, then obviously some configuration difference may explain a performance difference. ANY difference in configuration may explain different performance. You are in the best position to know what differences there might be in your configuration and a default Knoppix configuration.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
jvfc678
I didn't install any new GUIs, I only installed ALSAequal
An alsaequal plugin is available via Synaptic, but not installed by default in Knoppix 7.4.
Charles Eidsness has a nice site (C) 2008 at http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html
He has some helpfpul reference and tutorial material and form with which one may submit comments.
Previous comments and responses are also shown there.
Last edited by utu; 11-12-2014 at 05:04 PM.
-

Originally Posted by
utu
An alsaequal plugin is available via Synaptic, but not installed by default in Knoppix 7.4.
But just after running:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
I think the fresh install will solve this...
-
The Problem Persists
Hey utu I just did a fresh install on knoppix again and guess what? I didn't mess around this time and the volume problem is still there; it just dosen't save it no matter what i do!
I also discovered why the volume plugin on the panel was floating... It was because of a compiz plugin called Place Windows, that i activated, that plugin allows you to always place windows on the center of the screen rather than on the top left hand corner wich really annoys me that why i activated it.
But seriosly now I don't know what to do anymore about this volume thing, I was looking at the lxde autostart commands and I noticed this that comes by default:
Code:
@lxpanel --profile LXDE
Do you think disabling this will make any difference?
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-03-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Reason: inappropriate choice of words
-
I also found this:Screenshot from 2014-12-03 18:15:58.png
There are two options: Alsamixer and Other do you think changing "Audio Manager" to alsamixer will make a difference
-
Senior Member
registered user
.
I contacted alsaequal's author who noted the following:
Alsaequal may not work with all GUI-based volume controls,
it depends on how they were implemented. (He's) only ever used it
with the alsamixer command line tool.
-
@lxpanel --profile LXDE
Do you think disabling this will make any difference?
Don't play with this.
Please start again the alsamixer as within your posting #28 => use F1 to read the "Help" => move through all the controls => if one is red => decrease the value of this control. Exit with [Esc] and save the settings with
Go to the Menu => Preferences => Default applications for LXSession => Autostart => type "alsactl restore" (without " ") and use the Add-button
Reboot.
-
Now This Happens...

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
Don't play with this.
Please start again the alsamixer as within your posting #28 => use F1 to read the "Help" => move through all the controls => if one is red => decrease the value of this control. Exit with [Esc] and save the settings with
Go to the Menu => Preferences => Default applications for LXSession => Autostart => type "alsactl restore" (without " ") and use the Add-button
Reboot.
I Must be the unluckiest person on earth now the add button on LXSession Autostart tab dosen't work, seriosly i didn't even do anything all the previous installs of knoppix on my flash drive (the same one im using right now) were working fine because I even set up there my keyboard layout, BUT NOW THIS BUTTON DON'T DO ANYTHING, nothing no new commands appear this time i tried adding the keyboard layout and restart the computer and guess it, NOTHING HAPPENS.
Help!?
Last edited by jvfc678; 12-07-2014 at 11:35 PM.
-
Did you ever test your RAM with "memtest", your download with "md5sum" and your DVD or USB-stick with "knoppix testcd"?
Cheatcodes
-

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
Did you ever test your RAM with "memtest", your download with "md5sum" and your DVD or USB-stick with "knoppix testcd"?
Cheatcodes
Well the "knoppix testcd" said "All files are okay..." the memtest im gonna do it tomorrow
But there isn't a text file of the lxsession-default-apps that you can edit adn add the startup commands in it?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR338
$39.99

Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95