-
Senior Member
registered user
.
Hello again, Capricorny.
You have energized me to try out your original suggestion, despite my
admitted inertia. I have a Win8 portable as well as my trusty Win7.
Both are low-end Inspirons. I've not been using the Win8 up to now
for Linux purposes. Turns out the Win8 portable, which has dual
Celerons, HAS built-in virtualization capability and moreover passes
the kvm test using a 7.4.1 LiveUSB.
The hardest part was getting around Win8's Secure Boot and Windows-to-go
obstacles. That done, the kvm test was very encouraging. Knoppix 7.4.1
looks good on the newer machine.
I shall now start trying to decipher the meanings of all the qemu
parameters. Once over that hurdle, I expect I may agree to all, or at
least most, of your counter-arguments. I expect some differences may
exist between your device assignments and my own; and, I'd not like
to write over Win8 in this process.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99