-
Senior Member
registered user
.
Hello again, Capricorny.
You have energized me to try out your original suggestion, despite my
admitted inertia. I have a Win8 portable as well as my trusty Win7.
Both are low-end Inspirons. I've not been using the Win8 up to now
for Linux purposes. Turns out the Win8 portable, which has dual
Celerons, HAS built-in virtualization capability and moreover passes
the kvm test using a 7.4.1 LiveUSB.
The hardest part was getting around Win8's Secure Boot and Windows-to-go
obstacles. That done, the kvm test was very encouraging. Knoppix 7.4.1
looks good on the newer machine.
I shall now start trying to decipher the meanings of all the qemu
parameters. Once over that hurdle, I expect I may agree to all, or at
least most, of your counter-arguments. I expect some differences may
exist between your device assignments and my own; and, I'd not like
to write over Win8 in this process.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99