.
Greetings, Werner.

I'm pleased with my MX-14.3 pae LiveUSB, so far. Using an 8 Gb SanDisk.
2 or 4 Gb is just too small to attempt on-line remastering. 2 Gb worked
ok as a simple LiveUSB, but that's not where the magic is to be found.

I've done one on-line remastering which seems to have been successful.
I don't have a specific feel for what's going on behind the scenes, but
adding 100 mb to the original squashfs seemed to take about five minutes.
That felt pretty familiar. The kernel is 32-bit smp and the remastering
print-out did actually acknowledge my two cpus.

XFCE not much different than LXDE.
NetworkManager seems to work smoother without systemd, so that's a plus.

Geany isn't in the basic iso, and no repo for it in MX's synaptic, so that's
one area we'll both want to remedy. Otherwise, the CD-size is is very much
to my taste.

I'll be pleased to hear your comments on MX's remastering.