Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No Connection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8

    Same problem here

    I'm new to knoppix and in this forum.

    I basically have the same problem. My network card is detected and has a static IP but it cannot see other hosts like my ipcop gateway box.

    All other boxes can connect to the net. If I boot to WinXP on secondary 10GB hd, I can connect using same static IP so I can say card/system is good. I tried working network config settings to no avail.

    I'll try to run netcardconfig and dmesg tonight and post results here.

    BTW, this forum does not support Netscape 4.7x?

    Thanks.

    :?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Austria, Europe
    Posts
    14
    Hi! I had a similar problem, but I solved it by definig a Gateway. I'm a newbie, so I don't know how to add one permanently, but you can define one temporarily with the command "route add default gw [your gateway's IP-Address]"

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    I run netcardconfig and choose "use dhcp" to get it working.

Similar Threads

  1. Help !!!! - VPN connection
    By walkinsky in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:31 AM
  2. USB Internet Connection
    By Josh in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:17 AM
  3. USB connection
    By davec51 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 07:13 PM
  4. LAN CONNECTION PROBLEMS
    By jvillan in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 03:27 AM
  5. dsl connection
    By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces picture

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces

$85.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case picture

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case

$99.99



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$155.00



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$14.75



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards

$57.59