-

Originally Posted by
utu
FWIW
I'm using Knoppix 7.4.2.
It only took about five minutes to upgrade screensaver to 5.30 using Synaptic.
Its author errs in using a pop-up approach to tell us to upgrade, that's all.
This screensaver is a classic; I think we should overlook a small social error.
Hm, "error"?? Well guess what, this "error" has been there at least since version 5.22. If this was a true "error", the almighty copyright owner would have fixed it by now, wouldn't he? What I see is he did not and instead people came up with a patch long before I posted this message, hence what I said remains true: "the very intelligent author of this Xscreen***er put his copyright there along with his web site address and name so anyone can praise him. Starting 2015 Jan 01, 00:00."
And what do you call upgrading? The necessity to install the whole thing on a HDD like a regular OS? Or to keep maintaining an everinflating persistent image? That defeats the very purpose of a Live Linux. I don't need that. If I do any upgrades/changes I do it once and forever, by remastering. After that, the OS will stay frozen in its compressed image. No system breakdown, corruption, viruses, defragmenting and other garbage. So the Microsoftian idea of upgrading things forever and ever is not applicable here. And no way because some superficial intelligence yells at me to do that every time I start the OS. I get anough of this garbage at work where I still have to put up with Micro**it.
But that's beside the point. Nobody forces anybody to do Open Source programming. If one has Microsoftian impulses why don't they go work for Micro**it and spare us? I'm fed up with these people. If this XscreenBS is copyrighted, why isn't it taken out of the GNU pool? What's it still doimg here??? I don't need this kind of garbage in my OS. besides, I really can't find ONE SINGLE SCREENSAVER in the whole damn thing thet I can say I honestly can get along with !! I could really extirpate this garbage completely and I might end up doing just that. A waste of space.
-
GREAT words about Micros*it, I wish Bill Gates III was locked away in prison forever!

Originally Posted by
chris_Xnest
Hm, "error"?? Well guess what, this "error" has been..
GREAT words about Micros*it
------------------
Full quote deleted.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 01-30-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Reason: mistake in characterization
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules
$30.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00