Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: PCManFM Time & Date Formats

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152

    PCManFM Time & Date Formats

    In another recent thread, someone asked how to change the time & date formats in mc (midnight commander) from the "en_US" fomrat to ISO (aka International) and Werner gave the asnswer, actually quite elegant and simple.

    I then asked Werner how to do this for PcManFM and his reply was:"As I can see it's hardcoded within PCManFM only to use the locale settings".

    The ISO format is offered by "en_DK". All my locales are "en_US" and jsut changing LC_TIME seems to be challenging (for me).

    First, I made sure that "en_DK.UTF-8 was marked by running "sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales" but, when asked, I retained "en_US" for the shell variables of the system.

    Then, I created a file ~/.bashrc and just wrote into it : "export LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8" (without quotes) and made it executable.

    Success.
    Last edited by philo; 01-05-2015 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    PS - Cannot reproduce

    The above works in my current USB installation of Knoppix 7.4.2.

    I just made a fresh installtion on another USB key but I fail to reproduce the "solution" hastily proposed above.

    Before applying that script I had tinkered with several locale settings, but none of those tricks worked and I thought I had rversed them all. Possibly one changed setting was retained and helped the '~/.bashrc' to succeed but I do not know which one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD picture

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD

$17000.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$60.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205 picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205

$317.56



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19