Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: PCManFM Time & Date Formats

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152

    PCManFM Time & Date Formats

    In another recent thread, someone asked how to change the time & date formats in mc (midnight commander) from the "en_US" fomrat to ISO (aka International) and Werner gave the asnswer, actually quite elegant and simple.

    I then asked Werner how to do this for PcManFM and his reply was:"As I can see it's hardcoded within PCManFM only to use the locale settings".

    The ISO format is offered by "en_DK". All my locales are "en_US" and jsut changing LC_TIME seems to be challenging (for me).

    First, I made sure that "en_DK.UTF-8 was marked by running "sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales" but, when asked, I retained "en_US" for the shell variables of the system.

    Then, I created a file ~/.bashrc and just wrote into it : "export LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8" (without quotes) and made it executable.

    Success.
    Last edited by philo; 01-05-2015 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    PS - Cannot reproduce

    The above works in my current USB installation of Knoppix 7.4.2.

    I just made a fresh installtion on another USB key but I fail to reproduce the "solution" hastily proposed above.

    Before applying that script I had tinkered with several locale settings, but none of those tricks worked and I thought I had rversed them all. Possibly one changed setting was retained and helped the '~/.bashrc' to succeed but I do not know which one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer w/ Original Mouse Untested Parts Repair AS IS picture

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer w/ Original Mouse Untested Parts Repair AS IS

$228.32



VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer System 800 XL ** Tested ** AS-IS Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer System 800 XL ** Tested ** AS-IS Parts or Repair

$123.75



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00