Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Cheatcodes for Spanish lang and keyboard don't work for me in v7.4.2

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    44
    Sorry, I forgot to tell, could be I'm the target of some Dr. Alzheimer attack. Knoppix version: 7.4.2 Installation: Flash disk install I've just seen the last part of Cheat Codes → Micro-Remastering. What should I look for?
    Last edited by Porteño; 06-25-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Formatting

  2. #12
    @ Porteño

    There may be more than one lines needed to be changed in the syslinux.cfg file. If KNOPPIX is booted with 64-bit architecture, syslnx32.cfg and syslnx64.cfg also need to be amended; just got that info from the footnote of Micro-Remastering section. Another quick way to see if the cheatcodes have passed through successfully is to check the content of /proc/cmdline
    Code:
    cat /proc/cmdline
    If the cheatcodes do pass through but the keyboard isn't of Spanish layout, then... sorry... cannot be of any help....

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27
    lang=en? You can always open a root terminal and type: setxkbmap es

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    44
    Thanks, @jalb, it works fine. Is there some way to avoid typing it every time I begin Knoppix?
    Of course I did what is said in Microremastering, but can't get it working.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    44
    Thanks @superman.
    The output for cat/proc/cmdline includes "keyboard=es xkeyboard=es" when I enter the cheat code keyboard=es, and doesn't include them when I don't.

    I'm wondering about
    There may be more than one lines needed to be changed in the syslinux.cfg file.
    I only added "keyboard=es xkeyboard=es" to syslinux.cfg here:
    Code:
    LABEL knoppix
    KERNEL linux
    APPEND lang=en keyboard=es xkeyboard=es apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    44
    Have also a look at the end of Cheat Codes → Micro-Remastering.
    I am not using the 64 version, my CPU is
    cpu:
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N455 @ 1.66GHz, 1666 MHz
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N455 @ 1.66GHz, 1666 MHz
    bridge:
    Intel Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx DMI Bridge
    Intel NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 1
    Intel NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 2
    Intel NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 3
    Intel 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge
    Intel NM10 Family LPC Controller

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27
    Try with lang=es In some computers it doesn't work and I forgot which líne to change and where, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99