Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: PCManFM Time & Date Formats

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152

    PCManFM Time & Date Formats

    In another recent thread, someone asked how to change the time & date formats in mc (midnight commander) from the "en_US" fomrat to ISO (aka International) and Werner gave the asnswer, actually quite elegant and simple.

    I then asked Werner how to do this for PcManFM and his reply was:"As I can see it's hardcoded within PCManFM only to use the locale settings".

    The ISO format is offered by "en_DK". All my locales are "en_US" and jsut changing LC_TIME seems to be challenging (for me).

    First, I made sure that "en_DK.UTF-8 was marked by running "sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales" but, when asked, I retained "en_US" for the shell variables of the system.

    Then, I created a file ~/.bashrc and just wrote into it : "export LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8" (without quotes) and made it executable.

    Success.
    Last edited by philo; 01-05-2015 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    PS - Cannot reproduce

    The above works in my current USB installation of Knoppix 7.4.2.

    I just made a fresh installtion on another USB key but I fail to reproduce the "solution" hastily proposed above.

    Before applying that script I had tinkered with several locale settings, but none of those tricks worked and I thought I had rversed them all. Possibly one changed setting was retained and helped the '~/.bashrc' to succeed but I do not know which one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total picture

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total

$1000.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88