.
I find that IceWeasel 32.0.3 browser in Knoppix 7.4.2 LiveUSBs often appears to
get confused on doing DNS translations, and needs a wifi disconnect and re-connect
to get surfing going smoothly again.
These re-connects go pretty fast, but I don't remember having to keep tweaking
the system this way with 7.2 and earlier Knoppixes.
Is anyone else having similar symptoms?
Any ideas about what might be going on here would be appreciated.
.
I gather that perhaps enabling NetworkManager-wait-online.service
may be what's missing in the current systemd set-up for Knoppix.
See for example:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...er_Wait_Online
To see how this might be done, see for example:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...-i-manage-them
So, as root, I entered:
We'll give this a try and see if this helps the situation.Code:root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# systemctl list-unit-files | grep wait-online and I got: NetworkManager-wait-online.service disabled systemd-networkd-wait-online.service disabled Then I entered: root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# systemctl list-unit-files | grep wait-online and then I got: NetworkManager-wait-online.service enabled systemd-networkd-wait-online.service disabled
.
It turns out the 'NetworkManager' in Knoppix is really knoppix-networkmanager,
and there is no 'wait-online' aspect in its definition.
Whether this approach might work with an 'all-up' NetworkManager is moot.
Wicd is mentioned in some places as an alternative to NetworkManager which
solves some problems, not clearly the one at hand. That alternative would
require removal of any current 'NetworkManager' and installation of Wicd as
its replacement. Whether that might solve the problem at hand is also unknown.
It may just be the case that systemd and knoppix-networkmanager have this
small problem which at present either doesn't occur for many other users,
or occurs at such a rate as not to be a problem worth addressing. Something
on the order of the disappearance of frame controls allegedly caused by a
minor incompatibility of Compiz and some aspect of LXDE.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99