Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1-SWAP_FILES_FOLDERS 2- Meaning of Starred Posts?

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110

    1-SWAP_FILES_FOLDERS 2- Meaning of Starred Posts?

    Hi Please excuse me eventually. I post in this forum because I do'nt know the GOOD FORUM where to post !!!! Perhaps I shall need to post in "Laptop Forum"

    I posted twice in "General Support" :
    1- Changing Temp Folder" 2- Swap_files_Folder etc

    A long time ago (knoppix 5*) I encountered "swap_files and swap_folders to choose freely during HD_installation. It seems to have disappeared with 6.* and 7.* : due, perhaps, to the NOW BIG HD and Memory.

    I have a (very) old laptop: initially with 512Mo_Ram which I extend to a 2x512Mo_Ram (=1GO_Ram).

    Sometimes I need LARGER Place ( I saw it was a Ram_Place and HD_Place because I succeded to copy very BIG FILES_FOLDERS in many processes NOT AT ONCE!).

    I need creating such Swap_files_folders to go FASTER (I think!)!

    1- How to create SWAP_Files_Folders for the new Versions from 6.* ?? It was easy for old versions (5.1* for example)

    2- What is the Meaning of "STARRED" POSTS ?

    3- How to close or delete a thread or a post? Thanks knp




    ---------------------
    Formatted by mod to make posting readable
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 01-31-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA picture

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA

$799.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99