.
My Knoppix Iceweasel doesn't do flash anymore. Lots of people are seeing this problem,
not just me. See for example:
http://thevarguy.com/open-source-app...od-open-source
Don't miss the comments, they cover a wide range of opinions.
Working with another Debian-derived LiveUSB system I found that the reference
is correct, in that if you call up chromium and chromium-pepper-flash and install these,
you can get your flash back.
My 7.4.2 version of Knoppix has chromium, but doesn't have the chromium-pepper-flash*
package to download & install, so I can't update my Knoppix to recover flash-ability;
apt-get update & apt-get install doesn't find the package either.
*Not to be confused with non-free anything.
I hope someone here knows how to work the repos to get the 'pepper' flash package
for chromium and can help us out.
I have confused things here.
Chromium-pepper-flash nomenclature goes with a different distribution than either Knoppix or MX.
Knoppix has pepperflashplugin-nonfree v1.81 that dis-enstalls chromium as it installs itself.
Having done so, there is no chromium. Moreover, Iceweasel is not upgraded with flash.
The opposite is true for MX-14.3; installing chromium and a nonfree plug-in works to provide flash for MX-14.3.
This thread now has a poor title; what's needed is, or seems to be, for a correction in the Knoppix implementation of
the pepperflashplugin-nonfree package. At a minimum, the package must not remove chromium.
.
In MX-14.3, I have two browsers installed: Iceweasel and Chromium.
Initially I found no way to satisfactorily update flash for IceWeasel; however, having installed
Chromium and pepperflashplugin-nonfree to successfully update Chromium, I now find Iceweasel has
also been successfully updated. IceWeasel is 31.4 and now reports Shockwave Flash 11.202.429.
In Knoppix 7.4.2 Iceweasel was initially 31.0, reported Flash 11.202.400 and did not display flash.
Using Synaptic one may bring in pepperflashplugin-nonfree but that is not recognized by Iceweasel.
Installing Chromium will cause pepperflashplugin to be dis-installed, and vice-versa.
Upgrading Iceweasel from 31.0 to 31.4 does not change the situation at all.
Thus, Knoppix does not now display flash nor offer an upgrade path that I have found for either
Iceweasel or Chromium.
It may not be surprising to note that the repository lists for MX and Knoppix are not the same.
A previous post indicates the repos for MX.
It seems to me that the Knoppix version of pepperflashplugin-nonfree might be the most likely prospect
for some minor, but crucial error.
Had the same problem. I resolved it for my needs by switching from Knoppix to Linux Mint. I find this a particularly good solution if you want to keep with a Live DVD rather than "installing" Knoppix.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
.
Greetings, Harry.
I haven't touched Mint lately, but until recently that was my second best after Knoppix.
I've recently spent my spare time on MX-14.3 which is newer (and rougher) than Knoppix or Mint,
but it's fascinating in being a much different approach to the Live Linux situation.
If you want smooth, stick with Mint or Knoppix for now.
As far as this thread goes. Klaus K says go to Install Components to get a Flash Upgrade.
In my case, he's right as usual; my synaptic hasn't caught up with the times yet, apparently.

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram
$25.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 DIMM RGB XMP
$150.00
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00