-
Junior Member
registered user
Can connect to ISP but not ping any host
except the box I am connected to. This is true with KPPP and with pon. Each has been configured independently. After several attempts, I replaced the /etc/resolv.conflict file with one from a working RH installaation, but no go.
I reset all the timeouts to maxima. PPPStatus reports "stalls" without end except when pinging the ISP box I am connected to. No other IP traffic is sent.
The same ISP, number and modem work fine under Windows, and works fine under RH-6.2 on my old box, so the prob is neither with my hardware nor with the ISP.
Can someone shed some light on this prob? What am I overlooking? Or is Knoppix 060603 (3.2) flawed in some way? Should I try another build?
Similar Threads
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM
-
By amigaman2 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By r3c3 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 03:41 PM
-
By Prophet in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.01

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99