-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
adamm
dial up to the internet and type in
and patse the output here
under "Flags" you should have one that reads UG which is your default gateway, this should be present or you won't be able to get to the internet
Can't paste -- can't connect to the internet I am on my old box (RH-6.2). The two are not yet connected., so I have to type in what's on the other monitor. Hope I get it right!
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
66.81.235.197 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 ppp0
192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
0.0.0.0 192.168.0.254 .0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
Hope that helps.
However, in playing with wvdial ( a common between Knoppix and Red Hat -- RP3 is just a frontend for wvdial) I discovered what my feeling was all along: the password is not being forwarded correctly.
When invoking wvdial (after setting up /etc/wvdial.conf with wvdialconf) I get a failure with the message that "no valid passowrd" was found. It is in /etc/wvdial in plain sight and plain text.
What else leads me to suspect a password-forwarding problem is that although I can connect with XISP under RedHat using PAP/CHAP, RH's wvdial demands I connect with CHAP, which fails with a SIGHUP in Knoppix. I can get a pseudo connection with KPPP using PAP/CHAP under Knoppix' KPPP or pon apparently, but using CHAP gives a hangup to my password in both, although only wvdial warns me of not finding a password.
Stumps me.
Or I am not understanding something basic.
Similar Threads
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM
-
By amigaman2 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By r3c3 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 03:41 PM
-
By Prophet in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99