Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1-SWAP_FILES_FOLDERS 2- Meaning of Starred Posts?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110

    Reiserfs NTFS- originally SWAP

    Thanks you utu

    I do not think to have understood all your response (IIC or IMO = ?...)

    I understand that I must recall the name of the thread (where? I shall search).
    I thought this was done automatically.

    1- I CREATED a ReserFS partition on another disk to receive very large files_folders (>4Gb).
    I used to work with liveCD or Usb_Flash_Installed drives (limit 4Gb).

    2- The impossibility of writing on these ResiseFS partition obliged me to use NTFS with its
    probable incoming "problems".

    Thanks
    Last edited by knp; 01-31-2015 at 02:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by knp View Post
    1- I CREATED a ReserFS partition on another disk to receive very large files_folders (>4Gb).
    I used to work with liveCD or Usb_Flash_Installed drives (limit 4Gb).

    Start over; make another Knoppix LiveUSB.
    Re-format your current LiveUSB to a *single* partition; that is, just one partition initially.
    Format that single partition fat32.
    As Knoppix gives you the choice, elect reiserfs or " > 4 Gb " option.
    The size of the eventual reiserfs partition need not be > 4 Gb, only larger than several hundred MB.
    Knoppix will re-partition a second partition and format it reiserfs for persistence on its own.
    This way, knoppix knows where to find the reiserfs partition, because it created it.
    Last edited by utu; 01-31-2015 at 03:46 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110

    Reiserfs NTFS- originally SWAP

    Thanks you very much utu

    knp
    Last edited by knp; 01-31-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB picture

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB

$49.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988 picture

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988

$200.00



Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box picture

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box

$75.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS

$59.99



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37