Hello Mike,
you forgot to tell us which Knoppix version you used.
Have you already tried the package(s) from the Debian repository?
Golly, wouldn't it be great if everything worked the way it's supposed to?
I just loaded Racket (Dr. Racket) from the .sh for Debian Squeeze. Although it says it installed OK, when I tried to run it, I got an exec error. Has anyone else had a problem or maybe a fix?
I'm running Knoppix on a Gateway LT4010u with an Atom N2600. I've tried other Linux distros on this system and Knoppix has been the best in performance and ease...until I tried to run Racket.
Thanks, Mike
Hello Mike,
you forgot to tell us which Knoppix version you used.
Have you already tried the package(s) from the Debian repository?
Sorry- I am running 7.4. I just assumed that would be obvious from a new installation, but considering that I probably have 12 or 13 older versions in my CD cart I should have been more specific.
Now it's funny you should mention the repositories....
Earlier this evening I installed lots of LISP-related packages, both from the command line apt-get and from synaptic package manager. For about an hour now, all installations attempts have been met with failure. The error being "size mismatch." Since this only happened when I started to install Scheme-related packages I have no way of telling whether the problem is upstream or where.
BTW, the "exec format error" is on line 96 of the drracket script, but I couldn't determine the source of the problem so I opted to remove the whole /usr/racket directory and try to install from the repositories.
I'm a little under the gun timewise, and I really didn't expect this many problems. I may have to postpone the Scheme project for a week or so, but if the repositories don't work I will need to fix the .sh installation.
Thanks for responding,
Mike
Ok, it may have been a network problem, or apt may have glitched. I rebooted and re-connected and racket installed fine from the repositories through synaptic. It looks like guile is also going to be successful.
While I was having the problem I noticed that apt didn't recognize -f or --fix-missing options. This is what made me wonder if apt glitched.
Thank you all for your help. One last question: How do I mark this problem SOLVED?
Mike

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y
$699.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM
$145.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00