-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix 7.4.2 presents xscreensaver with GUI
I have been very comfortable with Knoppix 7.2.0, even with its many problems, as I gradually learnt to overcome them. At least, known enemies are better than unknown ones!
After much dilly-dallying with upgradation to the latest, expecting newer, improved version of packages I downloaded, manipulated the iso and booted into 7.4.2. And right away, trouble:
Screensaver asking for password...
After a few boots, I found that the xscreensaver is creating trouble.
I searched the Knoppix forum and found this post: 7.4.2 - KDE brain damage fixes - ep.1 - Xscreensaver by Bill Gates
Can't read so much! But skimmed through it anyhow...
I wonder whether the educational institutions all over the world dumb down people and slow them up, upon explicit direction from some influential quarters, using the schooling system where they teach kids to read.
I took the shortcut and uninstalled the xscreensaver by:
Code:
apt-get remove xscreensaver*
You could, too!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor YD270XBGAFBOX
$95.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T 2.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5W
$119.99