Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: usb_hdd_knoppix7.2 becomes Read_Only

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110

    usb_hdd_knoppix7.2 becomes Read_Only

    Good evening

    My usb_hdd_knoppix7.2 becomes Read_Only after an error from Libre Office.

    It seems to be a problem of "fstab, mtab or similar" and "input-output file-system" from certain messages.

    I cannot access others partitions after booting and working with this usb_Hdd I can access and work "normally" when working by "bootfrom_iso" with another knp7.2 disk excepted "DELETING" the libre-office file responsable of the problem.

    DELETING IS a real problem (exemple:
    I cannot wipe the content of the "recyled_folder"

    HOW to make writable my Knoppix_Usb_HDD?

    Thanks you all

    knp
    Last edited by knp; 03-30-2015 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi knp,

    I would boot from a Knoppix DVD and open a root terminal. Then I would connect the USB HDD and read the last kernel messages
    Code:
    dmesg |tail -n 40
    If there were no errors I would check the filesystem on the USB HDD for errors and try to fix them if any occured.

    Then I would try out the mount command and watch if there were any errors.

    If there are any issues tell us precisely what you have done.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Thanks you Klaus2008

    I shall try your idea NECESSARILY as soon as possible.I was (and I am) in such a hurry that I must have to wait.

    Finally, after much hours working for no results, I renamed knoppix_img and replaced it by an almost "fresh" copy.

    So I have lost a few files (those in the "home" including the Desktop).

    All works fine now ! BUT it's a somewhat bad way to resolve the problem. Your idea seems better (for me) than mine because one may not always have place to save the "image" or may not think to save it (a fortiori RECENTLY!!!!).

    I will pursue the discussion in one or two weeks

    Thanks you very much ....and think ALL to SAVE... to SAVE !!!!

    Knp
    Last edited by knp; 03-31-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$259.02



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99