-
Install KMail?
I'm a newbie here and would like to use mail on my now working Knoppix flash drive.
When I start Kmail it seems to want Akonadi, gives me a bunch of diagnostics and no instructions on what to do next.
I was unsuccessful in getting Akonadi started. I have a feeling something is missing from the pages I looked at.
What to do?
George
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi George,
have you found the thread http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/311...-startup-fully and tried the solution described there?
Btw, it is always recommended to tell which Knoppix version you use.
-
That advice worked with Version 7.5 from the Linux Magazine. I would add to the advice that you will see a gazillion errors fly past, seeding doubt, but after typing kmail it did indeed pop up. I would also add that one should then use Tools>Account Wizard if one had not already established an account to use. It found my Comcast account very quickly and plugged it in with no typing after the "login."
Many thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99