-
I want to use this but..
My situation is this.. I have a 64 bit sont vaio whose hard drive is dying, and I teach for a living and I need virtualbox for my lessons. I found knoppix and installed it to a usb and booted it and i love it. However when i tried to use the virtualbox that was installed I got errors of wrong version. So then I tried to install via gdeb the 64 bit virtualbox .deb file for debian wheezy from their site but then it told me my architecture was not amd64. So I did arch and found it shows as x86_64. Then i did uname -a and found it showed the kernel as 3.16.3_64 (by the way im using 7.4.2 dvd version and I started the boot by typing knoppix64) so I could see that I was 64 bit. Then I looked at system monitor and saw it recognized my full 8gb of ram and not just 4gb, so this told me it was correct. Now when I do a uname -p it says unkown so Im not sure if my intel board is not showing up as the words amd64 or what the deal is. Bottom line is I would love to use knoppix on my usb, but I have to have 64 bit virtualbox installed to run some 64 bit vms I have on a separate hard drive. Can anyone help me?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$1749.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

4 Gb PC3L-12800R-11-13-A1 Memory Module
$79.50

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50