Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: FLashdrive from Linux Magazine 7.5 Fails

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    8
    The splash screen is not the screensaver, I think. but a image background.jpg. And, I don't see the little blue man with this version, which was special prepared for the magazine and a conference in Europe, i think. But I'll get my sudo on and do some more experimenting.

    I have tried the suggestions and all the options in Preferences>Desktop Preferences, but the only thing I found that works is boot: fb1024x768. Now the desktop icons I have chosen come up on the left and the control strip (my Mac dock) pops up from the bottom with a cursor tap there.

    I did change to a single color for the desktop in the above mentioned selection, which eliminates the background.jp loading.

    I was pretty dense to not recognize that the problem seems to be that the control icons are off the screen at the bottom. What is different in the DVD boot so that there is no difficulty there? (rhetorical ?)

    The 7.5 DVD is bound in the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine. With a brief article by Klaus.
    U.S. $12.99
    Here in the U.S.A. it is at Barnes & Noble bookstores and, I am sure, elsewhere.

    Part of the charm in Linux is making it do what you want it to, and you usually can.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38

    I looked at the Barnes and Nobel web site and I did not see Linux Magazine Pro

    I just looked at the Barnes and Nobel web site and did a search for Linux and Linux Magazine and Linux Magazine Pro and it was not there, although they had plenty of
    other Linux items but not specifically Linux Magazine Pro, the magazine that contains the Knoppix 7.5 DVD.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdorner View Post

    The 7.5 DVD is bound in the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine. With a brief article by Klaus.
    U.S. $12.99
    Here in the U.S.A. it is at Barnes & Noble bookstores and, I am sure, elsewhere.

    -----
    Full quote deleted
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-09-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$94.95