-
The splash screen is not the screensaver, I think. but a image background.jpg. And, I don't see the little blue man with this version, which was special prepared for the magazine and a conference in Europe, i think. But I'll get my sudo on and do some more experimenting.
I have tried the suggestions and all the options in Preferences>Desktop Preferences, but the only thing I found that works is boot: fb1024x768. Now the desktop icons I have chosen come up on the left and the control strip (my Mac dock) pops up from the bottom with a cursor tap there.
I did change to a single color for the desktop in the above mentioned selection, which eliminates the background.jp loading.
I was pretty dense to not recognize that the problem seems to be that the control icons are off the screen at the bottom. What is different in the DVD boot so that there is no difficulty there? (rhetorical ?)
The 7.5 DVD is bound in the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine. With a brief article by Klaus.
U.S. $12.99
Here in the U.S.A. it is at Barnes & Noble bookstores and, I am sure, elsewhere.
Part of the charm in Linux is making it do what you want it to, and you usually can.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

LOTS of 2 Samsung 8GB (8x2 16GB) DDR5 RAM Memory M435R1GB4PB1-CCPSG PC5-6400B
$150.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$157.50

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80