-
I thought I replied, but I don't see it so I'll repost.
The machine is a Compaq CQ60 with Nvidia GeForce 8200m G (correctly identified at boot) with 1366X768. By reviews this is a dog and many game players sought ways to replace the graphics card. I used it to advantage when I needed Windows Vista (rarely, mainly to configure a hearing aid) and tried many distress on it. I had Ubuntu installed from 8 thru now and used several Puppies.
The live version of Knoppix works fine off the DVD (nice screensavers) with impressive list of utilities and useful stuff.
I tried the USB on an old Dell with XP, but the BIOS doesn't support USB boots and it has only a CD drive.
No offense to the magazine, but is there a utility here to swap the background.jpg splash screen? If not, I can still handle that.
I'll study the Cheatcodes which I just discovered.
Thanks for you quick response.
George
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99