Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: FLashdrive from Linux Magazine 7.5 Fails

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I'll study the Cheatcodes which I just discovered.
    I would start with the screen cheatcode.
    Code:
    knoppix screen=1366x768

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    8
    I did that with the same result and, after scanning the cheat codes I booted with knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3 and got the same result.
    Upon exiting to the shell I saw "The graphical environment...'

    Another hint?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    8
    I tried fb1024x768 at boot and that seemed to do the trick. Then I rebooted from the flash drive with no cheats and got the original result: no Home folder at upper left, no icons popping up from bottom.

    So I'll live with the
    fb1024x768 a while, then alter the boot file on the flash drive unless you give other advice.

    Thanks

    George

    Visiting Germany this summer on river cruise from Amsterdam to Basle. Mein Urgrossvater stammt aus Schiltach im Schwarzwald in 1855.
    My German is furchtbar, but spellcheck makes it worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98