-
The splash screen is not the screensaver, I think. but a image background.jpg. And, I don't see the little blue man with this version, which was special prepared for the magazine and a conference in Europe, i think. But I'll get my sudo on and do some more experimenting.
I have tried the suggestions and all the options in Preferences>Desktop Preferences, but the only thing I found that works is boot: fb1024x768. Now the desktop icons I have chosen come up on the left and the control strip (my Mac dock) pops up from the bottom with a cursor tap there.
I did change to a single color for the desktop in the above mentioned selection, which eliminates the background.jp loading.
I was pretty dense to not recognize that the problem seems to be that the control icons are off the screen at the bottom. What is different in the DVD boot so that there is no difficulty there? (rhetorical ?)
The 7.5 DVD is bound in the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine. With a brief article by Klaus.
U.S. $12.99
Here in the U.S.A. it is at Barnes & Noble bookstores and, I am sure, elsewhere.
Part of the charm in Linux is making it do what you want it to, and you usually can.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)
$69.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00