Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Install KMail?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    8

    Install KMail?

    I'm a newbie here and would like to use mail on my now working Knoppix flash drive.

    When I start Kmail it seems to want Akonadi, gives me a bunch of diagnostics and no instructions on what to do next.

    I was unsuccessful in getting Akonadi started. I have a feeling something is missing from the pages I looked at.

    What to do?

    George

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi George,

    have you found the thread http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/311...-startup-fully and tried the solution described there?

    Btw, it is always recommended to tell which Knoppix version you use.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    8
    That advice worked with Version 7.5 from the Linux Magazine. I would add to the advice that you will see a gazillion errors fly past, seeding doubt, but after typing kmail it did indeed pop up. I would also add that one should then use Tools>Account Wizard if one had not already established an account to use. It found my Comcast account very quickly and plugged it in with no typing after the "login."

    Many thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00