Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: After HDD install Adriane option boots in graphical mode, without usual menu

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3

    Question After HDD install Adriane option boots in graphical mode, without usual menu

    Hello!

    I've installed Knoppix to hard drive using 0wn. I want to set it up to boot in Adriane mode, and tweak the menu for my father.

    I tried to add "adriane" at Grub boot line, but it keeps booting in graphical mode.

    I've downloaded the DVD version 7.4.2 and I used Unetbootin to put it in a pendrive (USB flash drive). I've found that the DVD boot process is different from the hdd install boot process. The DVD's seems to change /etc/inittab, /etc/sudoers and /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf from some init script. But I don't know how to set this up for the hdd.

    So, what are my options to change the boot process in the hdd install? Keep in mind, that I would like to change the default Adriane menu, and I'm not planning to remaster a Knoppix/Adriane DVD

    Finally: Thank you, Klaus, for mastering this distro! : - D

    Thanks in advance for your time and your advice,
    Regards,

    -- Knoforus

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    If you want to start with Adriane in a HD installation rename '/etc/inittab' to '/etc/inittab_orig' and copy '/etc/inittab.adriane' to '/etc/inittab'.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Werner! It worked as you said. ^_^
    Regards,

    -- Knoforus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$140.00