-
How to keep Knoppix on DVD w/only persistent data on USB stick?
I've spent the last two days searching the forum and am more confused than ever about this topic (mainly because so many of the posts I found were old and referred to outdated versions of Knoppix).
The last version of Knoppix I used was v5.3 (until I downloaded v7.4.2 a few days ago) and on the older version it was possible to simply set up a folder on a USB stick for storing persistent data. I don't think Knoppix even used an image file in those days but, rather, simply stored all persistent data as uncompressed, individual files that were fully readable within the Knoppix directory on the removable media.
I'd like to continue to use Knoppix that way. Is there any way to create a persistent store on removable media with current versions of Knoppix and continue to run Knoppix from the DVD (without installing Knoppix in its entirety on the flash media)?
Thank you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99