Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Error after synaptic reload ... synaptic nolonger runs. (Knoppix 7.4.2)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Schenectady , NY (USA)
    Posts
    7
    I did another synaptic reload and got the same messages ...

    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    9D6D8F6BC857C906
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    9D6D8F6BC857C906
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010

    I closed the error window . I then used synaptic package manager to update a couple packages , gawk and grep , and the update was successful.
    It appears synaptic is working.
    I am running Knoppix 7.4.2 on a flash drive with a persistent memory file.

    Larry

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldot View Post
    I did another synaptic reload and got the same messages ...

    etc,etc

    I closed the error window . I then used synaptic package manager to update a couple packages , gawk and grep , and the update was successful.
    It appears synaptic is working.
    I am running Knoppix 7.4.2 on a flash drive with a persistent memory file.

    Larry
    On my 7.4.2 setup, looking at doing the same for upgrading Compiz is not so re-assuring.
    Many things other than Compiz get tampered-with.
    I expect the missing keys to be crucial to getting this right.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    We shall have to wait until Knoppix decides to marry Jessie.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    We shall have to wait until Knoppix decides to marry Jessie.
    Hi guys. I am new, and know nothing about linux on a tech level. But I did some research and found a possible fix. http://back-flip.blogspot.com/2012/0...s-problem.html I had to use this command line and add all the invalid numbers. There was two. The *.eu.* didn't work on mine so I had to use the *.uk.* Then I had to edit the file under /var/lib/dpkg/statoverride and delete anything that said "mediatomb" or "geoclue" Everything updated, everything installed. Hope this helps someone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A

$119.99



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00