-
Error after synaptic reload ... synaptic nolonger runs. (Knoppix 7.4.2)
I am running Knoppix 7.4.2 from a flash drive. I have had no issues since I first installed it to flash drive in 2014 and created a persistent memory file. I have done several synaptic reloads with no issues.
A couple days ago I did a synaptic package manager reload and for the first time at the end a window appeared with errors. Here is a snapshot of the screen ...
snapshot3b.jpg
I closed the error window , there was a pause and another window appeared with an error.
snapshot4b.jpg
I closed this error window and synaptic closed. Now each time I start synaptic package manager , the same error window appears and when I close the error window synaptic closes.
I can no longer run synaptic package manager.
I then restarted Knoppix without my knoppix-data.img file. I started synaptic package manager and did a reload. Again , at the end I got the first window reporting key errors. I closed the error window. This time I did not get the second error window. Synaptic is still up and running.
Can this issue be fixed so I can still use my current knoppix-data.img persistent memory file or do I have to create a new persistent memory file and recreate/reestablish all the changes I had made?
Regards,
Larry
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95