Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Error after synaptic reload ... synaptic nolonger runs. (Knoppix 7.4.2)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    My 'aptitude update' starts like this:

    aptitude update
    Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org stable InRelease
    Ign http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ InRelease
    Get: 1 http://security.debian.org stable/updates InRelease [63.1 kB]
    Get: 2 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing InRelease [116 kB]
    Ign http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ Release.gpg
    Ign http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ Release
    Get: 3 http://security.debian.org testing/updates InRelease [62.9 kB]
    Ign http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ Packages/DiffIndex

    ----------------

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Schenectady , NY (USA)
    Posts
    7
    I did another synaptic reload and got the same messages ...

    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    9D6D8F6BC857C906
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    9D6D8F6BC857C906
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010
    W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
    7638D0442B90D010

    I closed the error window . I then used synaptic package manager to update a couple packages , gawk and grep , and the update was successful.
    It appears synaptic is working.
    I am running Knoppix 7.4.2 on a flash drive with a persistent memory file.

    Larry

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldot View Post
    I did another synaptic reload and got the same messages ...

    etc,etc

    I closed the error window . I then used synaptic package manager to update a couple packages , gawk and grep , and the update was successful.
    It appears synaptic is working.
    I am running Knoppix 7.4.2 on a flash drive with a persistent memory file.

    Larry
    On my 7.4.2 setup, looking at doing the same for upgrading Compiz is not so re-assuring.
    Many things other than Compiz get tampered-with.
    I expect the missing keys to be crucial to getting this right.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    We shall have to wait until Knoppix decides to marry Jessie.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    We shall have to wait until Knoppix decides to marry Jessie.
    Hi guys. I am new, and know nothing about linux on a tech level. But I did some research and found a possible fix. http://back-flip.blogspot.com/2012/0...s-problem.html I had to use this command line and add all the invalid numbers. There was two. The *.eu.* didn't work on mine so I had to use the *.uk.* Then I had to edit the file under /var/lib/dpkg/statoverride and delete anything that said "mediatomb" or "geoclue" Everything updated, everything installed. Hope this helps someone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$179.99