-
knoppix 7.4.2 /init: exec: line 1049: /sbin/init: Input/output error
I'd just finished formating (dd) and reinstalling 7.4.2 on a working flashdrive, went to the bank and another website before I went to USPTO to check on my patent application to download the latest Office Action. I tried 3 times and it wouldn't download (my flashdrive download directory was empty). But the last time said there was a file already downloaded and asked to overwrite it. I ageed, and then rebooted knoppix 7.4.2 in order to fix all that's wrong. But it wouldn't reboot, and stalled on: knoppix 7.4.2 /init: exec: line 1049: /sbin/init: Input/output error.
I put in a fresh newly installed flashdrive and it too wouldn't bootup. Also stalling on: knoppix 7.4.2 /init: exec: line 1049: /sbin/init: Input/output error. I reformated (dd) and reinstalled 7.4.2 on both drives and tried again. But no luck: same problem. But the computer will boot up with the Knoppix 7.4.2 live dvd, that's what I'm using to make this post.
Any help is profoundly appreciated folks. I'm overwhelmed with all this and the topic is barren online..
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99